Monday, April 11, 2011

London - April 11th

We walked down to Virginia Water in the morning. Stopping at a bakery that is just a few minutes away from the station. After riding the train we transferred to the Underground at Richmond. I was left to venture forth as Mom and RA went to explore Kew Garden's.

I went over to the Olympia II complex to check out the Doctor Who Exhibition. There was around a half hour interactive part where you work through a problem. You get to see most of the major monsters in action. Dalek's are actually pretty big. After that they have a couple of rooms with prop's and clothes from the recent shows.

After I finished up with that I got on the tube and road to Victoria. I walked from there on the north bank to past the London Eye and back on the south bank until we met up. From there we went to the Tate Modern. They had one exhibit where there were millions of individually painted sun flower seeds. They have many of the more popular artists on display.

For dinner we walked around two miles past Saint Paul's Cathedral to Brink Lane. This is one of the more ethnic areas in London. There has been several immigrant groups that have lived in the area over the last two hundred years. Currently Bangladeshi's work and live in this area. I couldn't tell the difference from Indian food and the food we got there.

We then headed back to start packing. I figure I walked around 14 miles today. A nice effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment